Monday, April 21, 2014

A little numbness can't be too bad

There's nothing worse than waking up in the morning and feeling the left side of your body numb and tingly. Well, there are worse things but when you don't know what's wrong it can be pretty scary. That's how I felt this morning when I woke up and literally the area from left ear, chin, neck, shoulder, arm (fingers) and side was numb. And not a little numb, a lot numb. But of course, I just thought it may have been that I slept on it wrong. I went on with my day, hoping an praying it would go away. By the way, Happy Easter! I'd only mentioned it to my brother as I greeted him at church this morning so I was still unsure if I should get it check.

After church I decided, maybe I should get it looked at. I debated a few times whether or not I should go to an Urgent Care facility or to the Emergency Room. I didn't think it was an emergency. I wasn't in any pain, just numb. I eventually found an UC facility still open so that's where I went.

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is, the doctor doesn't think it's anything TOO serious that warrants me going to the ER. The bad news is, he couldn't do anything there to really tell me if it was TOO serious! LOL #loselosesituation Anyhoo, he told me to schedule an appointment with a Neurologist as soon as I can.

Hopefully tomorrow things will feel better. I've got to travel back to Jersey for work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment