Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Nobody leave here without singing the blues...

That's sort of how I felt at the doctor's office. The neurologist came in, we talked a little bit about my symptoms, my history and he told me what he's seen on my report. After leaving the office for minute he came back and said "I'm admitting you to the hospital". We need to get some MRIs and bloodwork done and we need to start you on a high dosage of steroids. I kid you not, I was not at that appointment long before I was being admitted. He works fast! And well, here I am.

They want to do a few tests, checking for 'fake' MS like Lime Disease and Sarcodosis so I'm doing bloodwork for that. They are doing an MRI of my Brain and Spine. My coworkers came to sit with me for a few hours. The nurses joked that I had 4 nice looking men (suits) in my room. Too bad I missed them. I was downstairs having my MRI.

Dr appointment at 1215  
Admitted at 2  
Started 1000mg of steroids (solumedrol?)  
Insulin check at4pm (every 4 hours) 
Mri at 7 - 930 (back in room 950)  
Stool softener and pepcid after mri  LOL
Blood clot shot  
Sugar check at 1156pm  6cc of insulin after check  
Blood work 350am (every 24 hours)  Sugar 156. 2cc insuli
n

So there's a potential that we'll need to a spinal tap. That never sits well with my family. So, my mama is on her way up here. My coworkers gonna go get her from the airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment