Monday, January 6, 2020

Eyes Checked?... Check!

Yep, I've seen the Ophthalmologist. We got in there and got out. I didn't do all of the things that I THOUGHT I would do, with a Gilenya test but maybe that's because I'm not on the medication right now and he just needs to get a baseline of what my eyes look like. And basically, "Reliability was good. Findings included normal observations."

He did note, which I thought was pretty cool, that I have an "Aberrant regeneration of the oculomoter nerve" on the right side of my face. That's the same side I had Bells Palsy on (read about my journey here). 

Aberrant regeneration of cranial nerve III, otherwise known as oculomotor synkinesis, is an uncommon but well-described phenomenon most frequently resulting from trauma, tumors, and aneurysms. Its appearance usually follows an oculomotor palsy, but it can also occur primarily without any preceding nerve dysfunction. 

When I close my eyes, there's a slight pull on the corner of my mouth. I know it. I was surprised he could so it. It's more pronounced when i'm tired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment