Thursday, January 16, 2020

Uh oh, ER

Well... it's not terribly crowded in here but me thinks it's going to be a long night. The first sign that it would be a long night? No parking spaces. Oh yeah, I'm at Capital Regional Medical Center. The second sign was the line OUT to the door, when I try to enter. But I waited. I signed in. Took my mask. And I waited.

The Log: 

  • I got here around 645pm, Wednesday, January 15. Checked in!
  • Around 815ish, they called me back for Triage. They sent me back into the lobby because, although I had notes to be admitted, the doctor hadn't accepted me as a patient. 
  • 845 I was called back into the ER to be given an IV. It's time to start the fluids and steroids. 
    • There are NO beds available in the main hospital so to kick this process off, we're going to hook you up, put you in a room and keep it moving. They didn't say that but that's what's happening. 

The door
The waiting room


  • 10pm, i'm here here. In the ER. In a room with *counts* 6 other patients. Some were also hooked to an IV. Some were just waiting. Because, well, they're being admitted and got nowhere to go. 
  • Around 1am, we're getting hungry. Well, I'd been snacking (sneakily pulling grapes out of my bag) but everyone in, especially those that have been here for HOURS are hungry. So we' started asking for food. 
    • There were only two of us left at that point
  • At 2am, we got a sandwich, chips and juice. 
  • 3am they came in to tell me they're moving me. 
    • I was the last one at this point. 
    • But by moving me, they meant, to the hall way. on a stretcher. 
  • I'm tired. I can't sleep or at least I don't want to go to sleep. But i hadn't been asleep since 730am so I'm just going to lay here and wa.....zzzzzz


  • I rolled over around 4am, to use the potty. It was right across the hall from me. A nice looking chocolate male nurse, lol, unhooked me so I could go. When I came back to the bed/stretcher he came back to tell me he was taking me a room. I HAD A ROOM!!!  
    • And I'm excited to know it's on the 4th floor. The same floor I was on back in April the last time I was here. I enjoyed the nursing staff on that floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment