Wednesday, January 8, 2020

I Can't Feel My Face...

...ok not really but I can't feel my toes. As a matter of fact, my toes, feet and legs are starting to lose sensation. AGAIN! It started on New Years night. I thought it was just the socks that I had on, my toes felt weird. So I'm thinking the footie sock things are too tight, or something. The same feeling, the next night. Finally, this morning I'm thinking to myself, "OH NO, It's happening again." So I call the nurse at Mayo and my local doctor to let them know what's up. We've got to get something worked out. 

I already have a follow-up appointment scheduled for January 16 at Mayo but I don't want to wait that long. I was able to get in with the local  doctor on Monday. Still 'too' long but we'll see. 

After talking with the Mayo nurse/doctor, we agreed that I need to begin a steroid treatment. I've got option. Pills (a LOT of them), Outpatient Infusion (Jax or Tally) or Inpatient (Jax or Tally). I'd rather not go back to Jacksonville because it's a 3-5 process and I'd have to bring the kid(s) or leave them AND foot the bill for a hotel. So I'm going to check on the outpatient option locally. Oh to my surprise, it would be "out of network" for my insurance. Not a terrible thing. BUT, after further discussion I'd also need a 'referral' from a doctor that's authorized, locally. So, I call my PCP. He can do it. I think. :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment