Monday, January 20, 2020

Hospital Bid...

I have to admit, I opted in for this so I'm not complaining about being in the hospital. The food isn't the best or even what I ordered sometimes, but I'm eating. The people on this floor are pleasant. One thing I will not get used to is being stuck. I'm no punk but after the 3rd or 4th time, it becomes a nuisance. It's my fault, I guess. I don't want them putting an IV in my hand and preferably not the crease of my arm or wrist. Why? Because those areas moves and bend A LOT and well, the hand HURTS! So, I tend to get stuck a lot if they can't find the "right" spot or even the right person to do it. Unfortunately, it ended up in my arm. 


Exhibit A lol
Exhibit B
Ultimately, I got in and got out. I had fluids for a day and was done with that. Twice a day I had to be hooked up for steroids (30 minute sessions). My blood pressure had it's ups and do... ups! Ended up taking something to get it down. And at some point my head began to hurt. I was using my lavendar and peppermint oils and even my T.E.N.S machine. So with my headache, shoulders and neck aching, blood pressure being high, I had to call in some reinforcement. A masseuse. So THANK YOU to Lucky Massage Therapies for coming through for me. 

Thanks to my family for bringing me snacks too. I ate my fair share of chocolate pudding while there but did get some Chocolate Bread Pudding from the UCC and had my snacks on deck. 

Took a minute to finally get out of there. I'd actually had my discharge papers ALL day and the nurses were checking with the pharmacy to see if they could get my dosage sooner rather than later. Because we had an IV issue the night before I missed my last dosage so, in order for me to finish out the doses, I have to stay until I can have that last dose done which is 10pm. After lot of conversation, I did get it at 630. 30 minutes and then i'm blowing this joint. I walked in here and I'm walking out.  

Unfortunately upon leaving I wasn't 100% but the steroids are not supposed to HEAL me. My MRI didn't show any significant changes from last year's (April 2019) MRI. Let's still feel a smidge wobbly but I'm making it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment